Author Topic: Vox AD60VT  (Read 5898 times)

Offline Björn Eriksson (admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Björn Eriksson's Rickenbacker Page
Vox AD60VT
« on: April 05, 2007, 12:44:54 PM »
I love this amp, that's for sure. Unfortunately it doesn't always perform without problems. Yesterday it started to change the tonality without any reason. The edge disappeared from the sound and I had to "restart" the preset to get it back.
I will take it to the shop for an examination today. I wonder what is wrong?

I have also noticed that it loses effect (power) sometimes and I wonder if anyone of you have any experience with these Vox amps. I have had mine for 4 years and lately it has begun to act weird....

Offline Björn Eriksson (admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Björn Eriksson's Rickenbacker Page
Re: Vox AD60VT
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 12:54:19 PM »
The amp seems to work perfect again. Strange  ???
There was no identifiable error. Hope it will continue to function when I need it.

Offline Peter

• View Profile
    • RickResource.com
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 03:06:27 PM »
I know a number of people with this amplifier that are quite pleased with its tone and reliability. It is a very versatile amplifier by all reports, very portable and affordable.

In concert with the ToneLab or other echo effects pedals it comes alive.

You have noted the only downside to these amplifiers. Their strength is at the same time their weakness in that delicate components susceptible to climate changes or mechanical forces can sometimes lead to unpredictable outcomes that are intermittent and hard to repair.

There is nothing quite like a point to point amplifier that one can trouble shoot. In today's world, however, these are hard to come by and difficult to carry for those of us who cannot lift what we used to.

I think the Vox line of new amplifiers will continue to improve and are here to stay.
I read the news today, oh boy ...

Offline scotty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 10:57:41 PM »
I have the ad50vt 2x12 its ok but its not amazing i do like it but id really like a Ac30 but you  cant win em all  :'(
Away from the numbers