Author Topic: 10 years on the web!  (Read 3886 times)

Offline Björn Eriksson (admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Björn Eriksson's Rickenbacker Page
10 years on the web!
« on: August 08, 2008, 11:07:04 AM »
Hi all,
Just wanted to announce this 10 years anniversary. The exact date for my site's official birth is October 14. Although the site started a little earlier I use this date as I obtained the permission to use Rickenbacker logos and trademark from RIC (John Hall).

Back then, the Internet wasn't near the size it is today and it was easier to build a site because there was hardly any pictures or articles about Rickenbacker guitars and basses.

I still remember the close-up photo of my 360/12V64 headstock. This one, a very simple photo, showed how the 12-string headstock was built and there were many who saw it for the first time. A photo shot in Sweden could be accessed from every corner of the world (so to speak) and I realized that it was a huge demand for more of this kind of stuff. I created the gallery and the Models library.
This was done in the early era of digital photography and the cameras weren't very good. Still it was a huge step in the evolution. I think the camera had 1,0 megapixel and the largest picture size was 640 x 480.

Yes, 10 years is a long time......

Take care

Björn

Offline Herb

• View Profile
Re: 10 years on the web!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 04:24:19 PM »
Congratulations on your 10th Anniversary, Bjorn! ;D  You should be very proud of the work that you have done. I think you have the best and most complete Rickenbacker library/site available. Here's to another ten years - and more!
Yer guitar pickin' friend,
Herb
"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!"
Doghouse Jazz

Offline Björn Eriksson (admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Björn Eriksson's Rickenbacker Page
Re: 10 years on the web!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 06:54:13 PM »
Thank you, Herb. I hope the site will be up for many more years to come, I still have many projects left to do.
Thanks for your kind support

Take care

Björn

This is how the site looked 4 years ago: