Author Topic: Restoring 1967 Rickenbacker 4001 bass  (Read 4336 times)

Offline smkoch

• View Profile
Restoring 1967 Rickenbacker 4001 bass
« on: May 10, 2009, 02:52:19 PM »
I'm restoring a 1967 fireglo Rickenbacker 1999 (4001S) bass. I have located all the parts inclusive the reissue toaster neck pick-up. Only thing missing now is the horseshoe bridge pickup and chrome surrounding for this. A friend of mine gave me the email address for a guy who should be able to do a new horseshoe, but no reactions to my emails. Same thing with Rickenbacker. They don't answer my mails. Now I'm tempted to find a later higain bridge pickup with the smaller chrome surrounding and put this on just to get the bass up and working (I'm a touring musician and need the bass soon, since I'm currently lending a 4001C63 from a friend). Anyone who can help ? Anyone who has a horseshoe pick-up or higain pickup, a large 60s chromesurrounding or later smaller surrounding - original or reissue/remake lying around - doesn't matter as long as it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
Also the reissue toaster pickup I've received has 6 poles like a guitar pickup. I've been told that the original toaster bass pickups was identical to guitar pickups, but is this also the case with the reissues or have I received a guitar pickup

Offline sloopdawg

• View Profile
Re: Restoring 1967 Rickenbacker 4001 bass
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 09:12:07 PM »
Notice its been awhile since this was posted, did you have any luck with the restoration? Any pics?