Author Topic: Model identification  (Read 2505 times)

Offline rpittsfo

• View Profile
Model identification
« on: May 07, 2010, 05:08:49 PM »
I own a Rickenbacker that has all the characteristics of a standard  Model 330 except it has a tremolo made of a flat metal piece of chrome metal. I have been told that it is a model 335, but I haven't been able to find any information on the internet about a model 335. Can anyone direct me to a information source to determine the model?
                                                                                                                      Houston Bob

Offline sloopdawg

• View Profile
Re: Model identification
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 11:40:59 PM »
Does it look anything like this?

Got any pics?

Offline rpittsfo

• View Profile
Re: Model identification
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 10:47:39 PM »
Thats very close to mine, except the metal piece ( the bridge?) directly behind the bridge pickup is solid and does not have a separation in the  middle of it (as shown on your photo). BTW , the serial number on the jack plate of my guitar is EF37. The vibrato is exactly the same and mine is the same color, shape and neck. I have found the description of the model 335 in  Vintage Guitar's Rickenbacker identification page and mine fits the description. I understand that Rickenbacker stopped production on that model ( probably because the vibrato  makes it hard to keep it in tune). As you Know, this guitar is a great rhythm guitar. Sorry, I am not particularly good at attaching photos.
                                                                                   Houston Bob