Author Topic: 1956 Ricky Solid Body  (Read 1970 times)

Offline treehouse

• View Profile
1956 Ricky Solid Body
« on: March 09, 2010, 11:04:04 PM »
Hello, I am still looking for another one like her. Her name is Abby and her number is C6147. Single horseshoe pickup with three very distinct sounds. The treble is most impressive. I have owned her since 1969. She was played hard for ten years and then basically retired. She was owned from 1956-58 by a man named Pepper Martin and his name was still visable where it had been removed and a clear coat over it. The wood was much lighter where his name was and it was asked many times if my name was Pepper. I have been offered many amounts and trades for her. No way. I think there were others made and because they were not really anything special in those early years they have either been changed or like mine retired. I sure wish someone would offer more enlightenment on who she really is in the lineup. Several have told me she was probably a pre-model that was never made and they just put a number on her and sold her. It has also been speculated that she was a custom made for Pepper. She is now broke down and about to be sent off for restoration. I took off the old finish and Peppers name was sanded off. This was probably a mistake. I really don't think she was very desirable as her finish was very checked from extreme temp. changes and years on the road. She will be beautiful again. I am posting this picture and a link to other pictures for help in finding a look alike. Actually I am not sure how to post a photo on here so please go to link. There is a picture of Tony Blair's 850 as it was close. Thanks