Author Topic: Old rare Ric 330  (Read 2262 times)

Offline ADNutt73

• View Profile
Old rare Ric 330
« on: August 20, 2011, 01:33:51 AM »
In a previous post over 1 yr ago I asked about a peculiar diff in the method the ser# had been listed on my Ric 330.  Health issues and a load of problems kept me away until now.  To recap, I bought a used Ric 330/6 Fireglow in 1967 and had no doubts about it being a Ric till the last couple of years when I found that all Rics were stamped on the input jack for ser #'s.  I did not really know about the copies and knock-offs till I was informed by others.  My guitar had a sticker on the headstock with Mod 330 Ser# 4501.  Everything else was correct.  Toasters, correct tailpiece, 21 frets, everything checked.  Well today I saw a listing on ebay by AmericanGuitar&Band for a 1965 maple 330 that is listed as rare and either custom or prototype.  It has the exact ser# type of sticker etc.  I nearly had a happy fit!  I am curious as to what interest that instrument gets for obvious reasons.  I am going to try and post pics but if I can't for room reasons, then I intend to put them on photobucket.  Anyone interested I will send you a link by email.  Just another old 330 but she is mine and now I know!!!!

Offline Björn Eriksson (admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Björn Eriksson's Rickenbacker Page
Re: Old rare Ric 330
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 04:21:37 PM »
This is odd! I don't think I've seen this kind of lable before! No letters and figures on the jack plate?