Author Topic: Strap Locks  (Read 11495 times)

Offline briseyw

• View Profile
    • Briseyw Web Site
Strap Locks
« on: March 26, 2007, 02:13:05 PM »
What type of strap locks do you use? 

I had some strap holders which fit my standard Schaller Strap Locks made by a friend using the original RIC holder as a template and using the same thread size so that the home made ones simply screw into the body without modification to the guitar.  I've see Schaller ones advertised on the Rics R Us web site in the UK, which appear to be designed specifically for most standard RIC guitars and basses.
Briseyw

Keep on chiming!

Offline wmthor

• View Profile
Re: Strap Locks
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 04:27:18 PM »
I swapped the vintage strapbolts on my 360/12 CW with ones purchased from RIC, which are the same ones indicated on the Ric R Us website.

http://www.rickenbacker.com/cart.asp?viewitem=05904&category=viewitem&buffer_category=Miscellaneous
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 04:37:56 PM by wmthor »
There's one for you, nineteen for me.

Offline briseyw

• View Profile
    • Briseyw Web Site
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 10:38:59 AM »
Thanks WMTHOR

I will get some from Rics R Us!
Briseyw

Keep on chiming!

Offline Björn Eriksson (admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Björn Eriksson's Rickenbacker Page
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 01:40:14 PM »
I have seen the Schallers on the Ricks'R'Us homepage and maybe I should order a couple myself ;D

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 02:31:00 PM by Björn Eriksson (admin) »

Offline wmthor

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 02:12:16 PM »
Bjorn, make sure you order the ones listed under Rics R Us' "Rickenbacker Spares" section of their site and not the ones you pictured.

http://www.ricsrus.com/ricspares.php

05904 Chrome, Strap button Schaller style £5 each
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 02:14:15 PM by wmthor »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 02:30:11 PM »
Bjorn, make sure you order the ones listed under Rics R Us' "Rickenbacker Spares" section of their site and not the ones you pictured.

http://www.ricsrus.com/ricspares.php

05904 Chrome, Strap button Schaller style £5 each

Thanks for telling me! According to Ricks'R'Us' website they should work. Is it the wrong picture ??? Or didn't I get the picture?? ;D

The text to the left of the photo says:
PRICED at £11.99 inc P&P
PLEASE NOTE: "Fits all non-reissue Rickenbacker models (330, 340, 360, 370, 620, 650 and 4003). All vintage, classic and signature models require new strap bolts."

Offline wmthor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 10:19:16 PM »
The ones that I bought (Ric's SKU 05904) are interchangeable with my 360, 360/12 Carl Wison, and 1997 Vintage Reissue.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 10:38:40 PM »
Well, I think I will wait with those buttons for a while. I use these "strap locks" right now. Anyone else who have used them? The only problem is if your strap is too thick, padded all the way, or so. Then it gets too tight.

The official product description:
Product Description 

A brand new twist on the old idea of the strap lock. Dunlop's Ergo Strap Lock is a one-piece locking device that you simply slip over the existing strap pin on your guitar (with the strap in place) and just give it a twist to keep your guitar securely in place. There's no need for extra hardware.

Hardcore protection doesn't have to mean modifying your guitar. Attach your strap as usual, then place the Ergo Strap Lock over the strap button so that the head of the button extends through the "keyhole" in the strap lock. Then just rotate the circular locking plate 180°.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 10:42:23 PM by Björn Eriksson (admin) »

Offline bassbob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 12:00:51 AM »
I have standard Schaller strap locks on my 4001, as I do on all my guitars. Wise investment.