Author Topic: 62 Tele Custom RI  (Read 9207 times)

Offline wmthor

• View Profile
62 Tele Custom RI
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:42:55 PM »
A friend holds a blues jam about this time every year (his birthday).  Last year, I used my Ric 1997.

Apr 06

However this past weekend, I used my 62 Tele Custom RI.  It was the first time the Tele had been out of the house.

Apr 07

Both guitars sounded great, but in all honestly, I would have probably been more comfortable with the 1997 (or my 360).  I guess I need practice more with the Tele if I'm going to be using it.
There's one for you, nineteen for me.

Offline Björn Eriksson (admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Björn Eriksson's Rickenbacker Page
Re: 62 Tele Custom RI
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 11:17:53 PM »

Great photos, Richard! Thank you for sharing them. A real blues jam session is heavenly, I think.
When it comes to blues I am using my Fender Strat '57 RI and I am now feeling very comfortable playing it, but it took some time to get used to it.

Playing in my kitchen..... :D

Offline wmthor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 11:37:30 PM »
Here's a clip of the video that was shot Saturday.  BTW, the second song sung at the jam was that old blues standard, "Love Me Do".  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a3PXs_2Hlw

There's one for you, nineteen for me.

Offline bassbob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 03:45:17 AM »
It's not a Tele, but when I was looking for a Tele, I changed my mind and bought this one. It's a 99 Carvin TL60, and it is the best playing and best sounding guitar(regular) I have ever owned. I threw in a picture of most of the family too.

Offline scotty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 12:14:30 AM »
Ive not long had the tele serviced before it  lay under my bed for 3 years now i love it all over again i bought it in 88

Away from the numbers

Offline scotty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 12:15:50 AM »
Away from the numbers

Offline Peter

• View Profile
    • RickResource.com
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 10:21:05 AM »
Bjorn: What do you think of the lacquered fretboard of your Strat 57 RI? Also does this model use the 57/62 pickups?

Scotty, I love the finish of your Tele. Do I see two sets of switches there? Perhaps it is just the flash in the photo.
I read the news today, oh boy ...

Offline Björn Eriksson (admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Björn Eriksson's Rickenbacker Page
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 05:14:38 PM »
Peter, I like it. The fretboard feels very silky and it's easy to keep clean (the "dirt" never attaches very deeply). 
My Fender is a very high quality manufactured instrument in every aspect.

The pickups are/were vintage reissues (50's) but I have replaced them with Vintage Noiseless pu's and they sound just as good. I also made another modern upgrade, going from a 3-way switch to a 5-way. You still get the original 3 positions anyway but you also get two very great sounding additional blendings.

Offline sloopdawg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 03:33:55 AM »
wmthor that jam looks like it was alot of fun, thats what playin' is all about
heres my Tele, I've had it awhile, it dosen't look as good as the others but its mine.

Offline heightgrowthshoes.com

• View Profile
    • shoes
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 01:53:01 PM »
A friend holds a blues jam about this time every year (his birthday).  Last year, I used my Ric 1997.

Apr 06

However this past weekend, I used my 62 Tele Custom RI.  It was the first time the Tele had been out of the house.

Apr 07

Both guitars sounded great, but in all honestly, I would have probably been more comfortable with the 1997 (or my 360).  I guess I need practice more with the Tele if I'm going to be using it.
great day to you all