Author Topic: Rickenbacker 730S Shiloh LH  (Read 4726 times)

Offline wmthor

• View Profile
Rickenbacker 730S Shiloh LH
« on: April 23, 2007, 04:39:59 PM »
I received my left-handed 730S on Friday.  It's everything that I dreamed it would be, as Paul Wilczynski's craftsmanship is impeccable.  Spruce top, rosewood back and sides, ebony bridge.  The maple neck has what Paul describes as a "vintage" 6" radius which makes it feel like a Rick electric.  It also has L.R. Baggs' iMix system.   

It's very resonate and sounds as good as it looks.  I took it to the Dallas Guitar Show FDP Jam Saturday night.  Althought I didn't get up on stage, I strummed along on some songs while sitting in the audience.  At several points, I could feel the vibrations of those that were on stage (sometimes as many as 5 guitarists).  A couple of friends commented that it was the best Ric that they had ever played.  Mind you that they don't play very many Rics.

Peter Levett (leftyguitars) played it for a short time in the hotel's lobby bar.  That gave me an opportunity to hear it in the hands of someone who plays a lot better than I do.  A couple of folks at an adjoining table asked Pete to turn around and share the music. :)

Back at home last night, I compared it with my Gibson J-45 Rosewwod.  The 730S is a tad brighter than the J-45RW.  I also ran it through my new Fender Champion 600 amp.  Althought the amp is not an acoustic amp, it did project the sound without any noticeable change in tone.  Twice, I had to pick up the amp just to be sure that it was working as I had the amp's volume cranked up to only 5 or 6.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 04:46:25 PM by wmthor »
There's one for you, nineteen for me.

Offline elysrand

• View Profile
Re: Rickenbacker 730S Shiloh LH
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 11:42:43 PM »
That guitar is drop-dead gorgeous!!!   I have said it often and I will say it again - Paul is truly an Extreme Artisan!  ;D

Offline wmthor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 12:05:40 AM »
And like I said earlier, it sounds as good as it looks.  And that's very important in my book.
There's one for you, nineteen for me.

Offline elysrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 12:55:18 AM »
Agreed - so, when will you post an MP3 audio file of you playing it?  :)