Author Topic: Hipshot bridge  (Read 8113 times)

Offline beatlesboy

• View Profile
Hipshot bridge
« on: May 18, 2007, 08:28:09 AM »
Hello all. Just wanted to share with you my 4001C64 with the new Hipshot bridge. It's awesome! Solid aluminum cast, clear and sharp highs and mids (along with its usual lows), the greatest tone, sustain that lasts forever, retains the Ric's fantastic look, and absolutely no tailpiece lift!!! (if there is, it's the wood)  ::)

I know there are purists out there who wouldn't want to alter their basses, but I'm not a collector, I'm a player, and this Hipshot delivers far more than it has been touted for. It is a far superior bridge than the Ric tailpiece ever will be. If the new tailpiece design matches up to this, well, I don't know if it could, or when it's coming out...  ;D

Nice!

No Tailpiece Lift!

Awesome Look!

And an After and Before comparison shot:

Thanks to Dane Wilder, Jaymi Millard, Alan Zeleznikar, Mark Arnquist, and other Ric lovers for helping me out... hope you enjoy the pics. My 4001C64 used to be the best bass guitar in the world, now it's STILL the best bass guitar in the world!  ;D

Oh, BTW, the aluminum Hipshot is lighter than the old tailpiece, so with that, I can bring back my horseshoes. Yippee!!!

The Bridges After 5 is Vancouver's Premier Retro Band!
4001C64, no other...

Offline bassbob

• View Profile
Re: Hipshot bridge
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 12:08:50 PM »
Only a collecter would keep his bass in a condition that made it less playable. A player wants his bass to play better. Now go play you lucky dog. ;D

Offline beatlesboy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 03:58:58 PM »
Only a collecter would keep his bass in a condition that made it less playable. A player wants his bass to play better. Now go play you lucky dog. ;D

Bob my friend, funny you should say that, my wife just called me one the other day. She said I looked like I was really all panting and excited as I was installing the bridge, just like a dog getting a new bone  ;D
4001C64, no other...

Offline bassbob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 04:22:02 AM »
I know you were David, it seems like you've been waiting forever too. Did you drool on the carpet?

Offline Björn Eriksson (admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Björn Eriksson's Rickenbacker Page
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 12:47:29 PM »
How does this bridge affect the tonality of the bass?

Offline beatlesboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 07:06:39 PM »
How does this bridge affect the tonality of the bass?

Bjorn,
This aluminum Hipshot is lighter than the original one... and my bass screams now! The tone, the sustain, everything, wasn't like this before. Don't get me wrong, my sound before was already awesome, but now... +1 for the Hipshot. Again I say that the Hipshot is vastly superior than the RIC tailpiece, miles away from it IMHO. Hopefully the new design will match up to this, but that still remains to be seen.
4001C64, no other...

Offline beatlesboy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 07:08:16 PM »
I know you were David, it seems like you've been waiting forever too. Did you drool on the carpet?
Drooling all the way to our gig  ;D
4001C64, no other...