Author Topic: Vox Valvetronix ToneLab  (Read 4747 times)

Offline Björn Eriksson (admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Björn Eriksson's Rickenbacker Page
Vox Valvetronix ToneLab
« on: June 18, 2007, 09:58:59 PM »
Hi!
I just got myself a Vox Valvetronix ToneLab. This little preamp/effect box is really outstanding. The sound is great for recording but also when I play on stage through a PA system.
I have been using a Vox Valvetronix AD60VT for the last three years and The ToneLab is just as great. I use the same foot controller as I did with the amp. It feels just like before on stage too. Maybe that "backline" feeling on the stage is altered a little bit but I guess I'll get used to it.

I am curious to hear if there is someone in this forum who uses ToneLab (SE or LE, too). What is your opinion?

Offline wmthor

• View Profile
Re: Vox Valvetronix ToneLab
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 12:59:22 PM »
A few years back, I went to see one of the Beatles tribute bands perform in Houston.  They were using Tonelabs through the hall's PA system.
There's one for you, nineteen for me.

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 11:47:27 AM »
Did you like the sound? It should be possible to get a very high quality on the sound if used correctly.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 10:23:28 AM by Björn Eriksson (admin) »

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 08:22:21 AM »
I tried the new Tonelab LE and I got so impressed that I traded my old one for a new.
This one has only one control pedal, the SE version has two, but I don't think it's a problem at all.
I played my Rickenbacker through it and WOW!!  :o  ;D WHAT A BRILLIANT SOUND!

Rickenbacker/Vox is just the best combination of guitar/amp you can get. They are built for one another soundwise.

After a very turbulent and tragic period I hope to get things in order soon so I can start to do some recordings with the new Tonelab LE.

Here is the #1 preset "COMCHORS" on the Tonelab LE. I play with my Fender Strat trying to check the dynamic response and nuances. I think this pedal sounds fine!

http://www.rickbeat.com/1-le.mp3

Rickenbacker samples coming soon ;D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 11:27:24 PM by Björn Eriksson (admin) »