Author Topic: Peter Buck - 360JG w playmate decal  (Read 5506 times)

Offline Björn Eriksson (admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Björn Eriksson's Rickenbacker Page
Peter Buck - 360JG w playmate decal
« on: October 11, 2007, 08:54:38 PM »
Where can I find this shiny girl decal?

"The design is an artistic take on Peter Buck's main Rickenbacker 360 that he has had for many years designed by John Hall of Rickenbacker International Corporation."

http://www.borntorock.tv/thecreatives/peter-buck/

THE ORIGINAL:

"There was a question awhile back about what type and gauge strings Peter Buck uses on his Rickenbacker 360 JG. My answer was that all I remembered was that it's a rather heavy set.  But now here's the definitive answer:

..013 Plain- Swedish Steel

..017 Plain- Swedish Steel

..026 Wound- Nickel Steel

..036 Wound- Nickel Steel

..046 Wound- Nickel Steel

..056 Wound- Nickel Steel

These are Dean Markley individual strings. His guitar (the one with the trucker's playmate sticker on it) is currently here at the factory so that we can set up a new instrument exactly like his old one, using the string set listed above."

[John Hall, 4/14/1999, posted to "alt.guitar.rickenbacker" Newsgroup]

Offline BDR_529

• View Profile
Re: Peter Buck - 360JG w playmate decal
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 01:29:42 PM »
Hiya. You'll notice that the one used on John's tribute is not quite the same as the one originally used by Peter. I asked on the official RIC forum where he got it and he basically had to trawl auto shops to find them.

See the below link:

http://www.rickenbacker.com/forum_view_thread.asp?thread_id=7037&forum=General_Forum&thread_name=Trucker%20Mama%20sticker
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 01:33:45 PM by BDR_529 »

Offline Björn Eriksson (admin)

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Björn Eriksson's Rickenbacker Page
Re: Peter Buck - 360JG w playmate decal
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 02:06:35 PM »
Yes, I have noticed that they aren't the same. I spoke to John about this in october and here is what he wrote:

Hi Björn:

> Where do I find these decals?

That was a question that I had when I did this guitar! It turned out to be remarkably difficult to find ones that look good. I quickly learned that these are called "truckers mamas" and you can find a wide variety of these for sale with a Google search of "truckers mama sticker" or "mudflap girl".

However, I never could find one on the 'net that looked the way I imagined it should and ended up down at the local auto parts stores looking through the racks of stickers until I found these.

I understand that this guitar goes up for auction a little later this year to benefit charity; as I recall Peter designated Amnesty International as the recipient.

Cheers,

John Hall
Chief Executive Officer

Rickenbacker Int'l Corp.
3895 S. Main Street
Santa Ana, CA. 92707

Tel: 714-545-5574
Fax: 714-754-0135
Web: www.rickenbacker.com

This reply confirms what you say and here is a link to a section of my website:
http://www.rickbeat.com/gallery/peterbuck/peterbuck.htm

Offline sloopdawg