Author Topic: 425 v63  (Read 6674 times)

Offline ToXiN

• View Profile
425 v63
« on: November 19, 2007, 10:05:16 PM »
hello all

Im new to this site and i hope im going about thei the right way here,
however I have come across a 1971 425 v63. this info is directly from Rickenbacker.

My question is approx valve of this guitar.. understanding that it cannot be seen but the condition from 1-10 in my opinion would be a solid 9.
Ive been more into gibsons most of my life as a player.

thanks in advance for any info

Offline ToXiN

• View Profile
Re: 425 v63my 425
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 04:25:53 PM »
hey sloopdawg

thx alot man for the info i had kinda given up u are the only one that found anything on this guitar
even rickenbacker hasnt come up with anything , the picture is pretty close but my is a bit different
the pick guard is alot smaller and mine says rickenbacker at the top by the tensioners not electro
i took the guitar to guitar city in virginia for an estimate of worth and they looked at it and looked at it then said they needed to take it apart, pfft thats when i said please put it back in my case
the guy says wait wait why! i said look things of this age will come apart but can u guarrentee me it will go back together exactly the way it was?? hes says no well thats your answer to,  and i left
appartently they wanted the unit pretty bad cause theyve called and left 11 messages on my call heheh
long story man but i still dont know what its worth sooo im keepin it and i m buying the sg that i love

again thx for the response and u take care
pete
peace

Offline sloopdawg

• View Profile
Re: 425 v63
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 12:36:28 AM »
glad i could somewhat help there pete, thats a nice ax you have there, take care of it it can only grow in value

Offline imike24

• View Profile
Re: 425 v63
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 07:50:26 PM »