Author Topic: Rose Morris vs. Standard Rickys  (Read 3246 times)

Offline StivC

• View Profile
Rose Morris vs. Standard Rickys
« on: February 04, 2008, 02:23:59 PM »
I'm interested in a comparison from some of you guys who owns (or owned) both... tonewise, what are the main differences? Yesterday, at my friend's house, I played a wonderful '65 335 in all her fireglow finish and I have to admit it sounds way, way better compared to my '89 (toasters-equipped) 335... but I've always aimed for a Rose Morris model since I fell in love for the Ricky sound (I'm an early Townshend  tone fan) so I was wondering if there's any tone difference between similar models (like a 1997 and a 335, for example) with the same age.
Thanks in advance, Stiv

Offline Andreja Marovic

• Play it Loud !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Rose Morris vs. Standard Rickys
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2009, 07:44:28 PM »
I own a 65 Rose Maoris 1997 as well as a 1997 made 1997 Reissue with a rare and killer tiger stripe Maple top / back.
Difference in the first place is that doesn't feel or sound similar at all.Color is different...and both have the f hole.

The Reissue 1997 (at least mine) is a beautiful guitar, very well made but the 1965 just feels more natural to play.Is like meeting a old friend again after many years...I hope you understand.
You can look at my Rose Morris just going to the search engine and type Rose Morris 1997
You will see lot of photos that The Man has put. And ....Yes I am in Belgrade - Serbia (if you know where it is)There are guitar collectors all over the Globe.

Play it louder...Hendrix is God on guitar